Chapter 1: Changes in 2015
Online CPR Course BLS / CPR / AED Adults/Child/Infant
Welcome to BLS/CPR/AED training with Pedagogy-inc. Our online BLS/CPR/AED course is ideal for individuals who are receiving CPR training or BLS/CPR/AED training for the first time, or for those seeking CPR recertification or CPR/AED recertification. This online CPR course and online CPR/AED course was written by an AHA trained and certified instructor, meeting the UPDATED and accepted guidelines established by national emergency response organizations, including the latest ECC Guidelines, and includes video and literature that is nationally accepted. Within this course, you will learn latest changes in CPR methods, CPR for adults, children and infants, proper use of an AED or defibrillator, and how to relieve a choking victim.
Healthcare professionals are expected to recertify their BLS/CPR knowledge every 2 years to stay current with the standards of practice. This online BLS/CPR certification and recertification course was designed to update the health care professional on the latest standards in Basic Life Support and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and strictly follows the guidelines and education criteria of the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross, as well as OSHA.
This course will provide you with step-by-step instructions that will allow you to confidently perform rescue attempts on adult, child, or infant victims of cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, or choking. Designed to engage the user and provide beginner or advanced CPR knowledge, this course will allow the user to feel confident saving a life if ever faced with the responsibility.
Who Approves CPR Certification?
Pedagogy Inc. is an accredited program that follows the strict guidelines for CPR training according to the ECC/ILCOR (International Liason Committee on Resuscitation) and the American Heart Association.
The American Heart Association is the United States’ representative of ILCOR and cannot approve, endorse, or give accreditation for CPR training for any other organization. They simply publish their own CPR courses and materials for training just like Pedagogy Inc. and the Red Cross.
No organization exists that provides a national endorsement or approval. So each CPR certification provider is free to construct their own curriculum and teaching strategies based on the ECC/ILCOR guidelines. Every business, agency or individual can freely choose to accept certification through Pedagogy, a trusted name in continuing education.
How are you Credentialed?
At Pedagogy, we believe that online training is a superior way to keep students informed and confident in very important life- saving skills. As such, we have worked very hard to develop quality training and have formed relationships with national and state licensing boards as well as employers so that professionals across all fields are able to benefit from using our services.
Hands on Component/Skills Demonstration
In the last chapter "Resources" you will find the skill checklists that are to be completed with a preceptor, if required by your institution. Many facilities have their own practice mannequin or choose to obtain a mannequin for skill demonstrations and ongoing CPR practice sessions.
Upon completion of this course the user will be able to:
- List the recent changes in the guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Demonstrate the basic steps of CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Distinguish the differences in procedures when there is 1 or more than 1 rescuer
- Recognize proper AED use, including pad placement and proper sizing, following instructions, and coordination of CPR and AED use
- Recognize the need for and distinguish the differences between CPR with an advanced airway, giving mouth-to-mouth breaths, and performing rescue breathing for all age groups
- Recognize a choking victim and demonstrate how to relieve a conscious or unconscious victim of choking at any age
Chapter 1: 2015 Changes
- Overview of changes issued by the American Heart Association® in late 2015
Chapter 2: BLS/CPR for Adults – 1 Rescuer
- Scene Safety and Assessment
- Activate the Emergency Response/Grab an AED
- Pulse Check
- Chest Compressions with 2 breaths
Chapter 3: 2-Rescuer CPR for Adults
- Rescuer 1: Positioned at the victim’s side
- Rescuer 2: Positioned at the victim’s head
Chapter 4: AED for Adults and Children Over the Age of 8 Years
- Step-by-Step instructions
Chapter 5: BLS and CPR for Children ages 1 to Puberty
- Differences between adult and child CPR
- 1 Rescuer
- 2 Rescuer
Chapter 6: BLS/CPR for Infants
- 1 Rescuer
- 2 Rescuer
- AED use in Infants and Children ages 1-8
Chapter 7: Advanced Airway CPR, Mouth-to-Mouth, and Rescue Breathing
- Advanced Airway
- Rescue Breathing
Chapter 8: Choking
- 1 Year of Age and Older
- Unresponsive Victims Age 1 Year and Older
- Tips for Choking Victims
- Choking in Infants
- Unresponsive Infant
Chapter 9: Resources
- Skill Competency Checklists