Chapter 1: Defining Ethics
This course is designed to expose participants to a variety of ethical issues and decisions that commonly occur in the workplace. In order to understand and appreciate the complexities involved in healthcare ethics and ethical decision making, this course will explore systematic strategies designed to assist healthcare professionals with ethical decision making.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
Define ethics and be familiar with the international nursing code of ethics.
- Assess ethical frameworks and principles used to make ethical decisions.
- Analyze a systematic model used to make ethical decisions.
- Develop an understanding of ethical dilemmas.
- Understand ethics and apply ethical guidelines, frameworks, principles and systematic models to solve ethical dilemmas.
Chapter 1: Defining Ethics The Professional Code of Ethics
Chapter 2: Ethical Frameworks
- Utilitarianism Framework
- Duty-based Framework
- Rights-based Framework
- Intuitionist Framework
Chapter 3: Ethical Principles and Theories
- Teleological Principle
- Deontological Principle
- Beneficence Principle
- Non maleficence Principle
- Autonomy Principle
- Justice Principle
Chapter 4: Using a Systematic Model to Make Ethical Decisions
Chapter 5: Solving Ethical Dilemmas